Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Funnies: "I Don't Normally Like Church..." (Keeping It Real With The Pastor)


So, M and T got baptized at church this past Sunday and last week our pastor stopped by to talk with them about it.

Our pastor is a great guy--very warm, funny, loves people and really loves God.  The kids love him.  They had this great conversation about why they wanted to get baptized.  (T--because "I love God more than my whole heart."  M--because "I believe that Jesus is God's son and that He died on the cross for our sins.")  Good stuff.

But, then, just as he's about to leave T says to him matter-of-factly, "You know, I don't usually like church because it takes up my time..."

Our internal mental dialogue:  No.  He did not just say that.  To the pastor.  Who he really likes.  But he did.  He just said "I don't like church" to the pastor.  Takes up his time?  You know six-year-old's and their busy agendas.  This is both horrible and incredibly hilarious all at once.  Oh my goodness, what is going to come out of his mouth next?   

But he finished with, "...But, this is going to be really exciting!"

And then we just all cracked up.  Because, really, what else can you do?  Now, that's keeping it real with the pastor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment