Tuesday, February 04, 2014

What I Learned in January

1.  If you give your kids your old (battery-less) cell phones (during the It's-A-New-Year-Yearly-Purge), you will find out exactly how you sound with yours when you take a picture.
"Smile, Mommy."
"Oh, that's a good one."
"You didn't smile.  I have to delete that one."
"Hold on.  Let me get the camera button."
"I'm taking a video.  Look over here."

2.  Also, if you are J and you are ready to give your kids your old cell phones because you haven't used them in years and you are so positive that you will never need them again, you might throw out the batteries.  A few days later you might regret that decision when you realize that you can actually use those phones to keep track of your kids on the slopes.  In particular the one who wandered away by following someone he thought was daddy and you had to call out the for-real search crew to find him.  And then you have to re-buy batteries you just had...

3.  The fastest way to turn that frown upside down is to say, "Don't smile!"  (Also, my littlest shopping partner travels sans stroller these days.)

4.  I could stare at this eye color all day.

5.  I'm so very thankful for teachers who inspire moments like these.  (Making crafts with his furry class.)

And that's just a little of what I learned in January. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment