Monday, August 19, 2013

Teas and Wipes


I've been trying to come up with some fun things for Beza to do when school starts.  The other day I spied a few things on Pinterest and thought I would give them a try.

First, I made a hodge-podge of tea bags.
(Inspired by THESE [except, I don't speak French (?)].)

I found these tins to store them in (at the Dollar Store).
(Think Republic of Tea.)

(I used a piece of junk mail to make a little template.  I filled the "bags" with a small piece of pillow stuffing.  And I used ribbon as the string because I thought that real string would definitely pull out of my stitches.)
 
Then, surrounded by piles of scrap fabric and my sewing machine, I stitched up a few "wipes."  M & T were adamant that wipes need to be white.  I told them, "No, no...these are high-quality, very expensive wipes that come in designer colors." ;)

I cut in a few extra lines to the opening of the wipes bin to make it a little less tight on small hands.

Hoping that these provide Bez with lots of space for imagination.  And if all else fails, at least she loves emptying and refilling a good container. :)

1 comment:

  1. Those tea bags are great. They would be so cute for kid's tea party favors.

    ReplyDelete