Sunday, January 08, 2012

Sunday Funnies: Christmas Card Out-takes (and one of my worst photos ever)

So...this year for our Christmas "Letter" we wanted to show the happy "Christmas Card" us versus the "real life" us.   A concept that required not one, but two photos. 

As usual December was ticking right along with zero photos.  Feeling the crunch two weeks before Christmas, J and I hatched a last ditch plan to try to take our own family portraits.  

After naps we dressed in fairly respectable clothes and packed a bag of our more "usual" looks.  We drove to a nearby Church and found a lovely tree to use as the backdrop.

Then we set up the camera on a step-stool.  J used the "smile" feature.  Basically anytime the camera detects a smile it snaps a shot.

A few out-takes from Round 1:
Actually love this one--we're all laughing at something. 

Then there are the headless J ones.  And I suppose you could also call us foot-less. 

I think I might be baring my teeth...?

 And this would be the "I'm laughing at J because he's about to fall over" one.  Really laughing... :)

Clearly, something was downright hilarious.  But, I'm the only one laughing.

So, those were the "Christmas Card" us photos.  After that we all scurried back to the van and changed our outfits right there in the parking lot.  It was a balmy 35 degrees.  We changed quickly. :)

I'll post our letter tomorrow, but for now, I will leave you with one of the worst photos of myself. (Mom and Dad have the "garden photo" in their possession--that probably is the worst. ;) 

This was the result of setting up for the second round of photos and checking the camera to see if it was still working well in "smile" mode.  I kept making large toothy expressions to make it snap.  Apparently this pose looks "happy."  Seriously, doesn't it look like someone photo-shopped it and put my smile on upside down?  Not to mention the apparent neck strain it took to pull the look off. CRACKS ME UP! :)


And that was a good Sunday night laugh. :)  
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious!! Had me cracking up at the crack of dawn this morning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete